What is the student-teacher ratio and average class size?
The overall student — teacher ratio at Trinity Oaks is 11:1.
The average class sizes by division are:
- Preschool: 10-15 students with a teacher and an aide
- Pre-kindergarten: 20 students with a teacher and an aide
- Kindergarten: 24 with a teacher and an aide
- Elementary: 22 students with a teacher and 2 aides shared between classes
- Secondary: 14 students
Where do your families attend church?
Our families attend over 42 different churches in the northwest Chicago suburbs. The most attended churches are Willow Creek Community Church, Living Grace Community Church, Evangelical Free Church of Crystal Lake, Harvest Bible Chapel and the Village Church of Barrington.
What is your high school graduation rate and college acceptance rate?
Our graduation rate is 99%. Occasionally, we have a few students that enter the workforce or do military service straight from high school. For the class of 2021, 98% are attending college. Our Trinity Oaks graduates are accepted into either their first or second college choice, including institutions such as Biola University, Cedarville University, Loyola University-Chicago, North Carolina State University, Purdue University, Syracuse University, University of Illinois and Wheaton College.
Is Trinity Oaks accredited?
Yes. Trinity Oaks strives to maintain excellence in all areas of its programs and operations. We hold ourselves accountable to the rigorous standards set by accrediting organizations and membership agencies, and submit to their regular examination processes. These include:
- Association of Christian School International (ACSI) - Accredited member K - 8 since 2015, High School received accreditation in 2020
- Cognia, formerly AdvancEd Accreditation Commission – Accredited since 2015
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) – continuous registration since 1991
- Illinois High School Association (IHSA) – recognized since 2017
Does Trinity Oaks offer tuition assistance?
Yes. Trinity Oaks has several different tuition assistance programs, including need-based financial aid. For the 2021-22 school year, TOCA awarded $280,000 in financial aid. There are 39% of Trinity Oaks Christian Academy K-12 students that receive financial aid. Depending on the assessed level of need, maximum awards range up to 40% for all grade levels. Visit our Financial Aid page.
What geographic locations do you serve?
Among the communities represented, school families live in:
- Cary = 40%
- Crystal Lake = 22%
- McHenry = 7%
- Algonquin = 7%
- Barrington = 4%
- Lake in the Hills = 4%
- Wauconda = 4%
- Fox River Grove = 4%
- The remaining 11% live in over a dozen different communities spread throughout the northwest suburbs.